Saturday, May 3, 2008

Work, work, work

Wednesday was my first day of work at my job, in case I haven't mentioned it enough I'm at the Public and International office for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

On my first day I got the traditional tour of place. The cool thing is my office is in the Manhattan temple building but it is an non-temple portion of the building, which is the southern part of the building, Public Affairs is on the 2nd floor. There is a "meetinghouse" on the 3rd which is currently under construction and a distribution center somewhere, that wasn't a part of the tour.

The big project I will be working on for almost the entirety of my stay in New York City is on what my boss Ahmad Corbitt said is "the biggest event of the year" LDS Public Affairs is hosting. The BYU Philharmonic Orchestra is going to be playing in Carnegie Hall on June 4. We have two tasks: getting dignitaries from the UN and Consulate Generals to fill the box seats and to fill the remaining 2,600 seats.

Things have been good at work, we've had some major computer difficulties but as I was leaving on Friday it looked like everything was figured out. We'll see if that is really true on Monday.

Also related to computers, I finally got to the bottom of my power cord issue for my laptop, and it should be here in the next few days. It only took them about a month. (Shakes fist in general direction of Office Depot warranty people.)

No comments: