Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A Memorial Day on/near the Water

On a Ship...

After sleeping in until about 10 a.m. Rebecca and I set off to have one of my favorite days in New York. We went to Fleet Week at Pier 88 where we went aboard the U.S.S. Kearsarge. It was huge! I was also glad I was able to do something actually pertaining to Memorial day. Plus it was a great experience to be on an aircraft carrier, which is what my Grandpa Westphal was on when he was in the Navy in WWII.



On a Boat...

After getting a burger at Galaxy Diner, Rebecca and I strolled through Central Park until we rowed our rowboat on the Lake in Central Park. It was way fun and it was such a beautiful day to do it.



On a Bridge...

Then Rebecca and I took the subway down and walked across the Brooklyn Bridge. It was really enjoyable. At the other end we endured the line and some more of our friends met up with us and we got the famous Grimaldi's Pizza. Let me say this, it's not just famous because it's under the Brooklyn bridge, it is DANG good pizza. We then got ice cream from the Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory, also famous for a reason. It's so creamy! Really is a great thing to do if you get a chance.

Our night concluded by walking back across the bridge to return to our home of Manhattan island. The coolest part of our walk back is currently the Brooklyn Bridge is celebrating it's 125th Anniversary, as part of the celebration at night different color lights are projected onto the bridge. It was awesome! And photography is a growing hobby of mine now, I took TONS of pictures and have picked out the best.




1 comment:

beckee said...

Fun, Fun, Fun!! I love New York!!