Sunday, June 1, 2008

Maybe I am a Lucky Person

In the public affairs office where I work there is senior missionary couple, the Howells. I think they are great. They have a son visiting in NYC, so after work on Wednesday the Howells said they were going to Wicked to try and win the lottery so Sam could go.

Background info: Wicked the musical has a lottery system for 26 seats for each show. You put your name and how many tickets you would like (max. 2) and put it in for the lottery before two hours before curtain. The tickets are for the front row, for $26.25 a ticket and must be paid in cash.

I said I wasn't doing anything right after work and would go to try and help increase the chances. We didn't win.

Thursday however luck hit me in the face. After submitting our names Rita (the other intern I work with), Sam, Elder and Sister Howell and a fellow BYU Comms Intern, Alina, and I were talking. We were engaged in conversation when I hear "Sarah To-moser." I was hardly paying attention, and didn't even realize they had started and I was the first name to be picked!!!

So Sam and I got to see Wicked from the front row! It was really amazing, I saw Wicked last summer in Chicago and was really pleased with it. I walked away thinking that was really good, but I didn't understand the HUGE amount of adoration people had given it. After this time I walked away perhaps more impressed because I was able to see everything up close. I was able to see the costumes and the intricate detail put into each piece. Plus, I was given the soundtrack for Christmas and have been able to know the songs. So it was really awesome to be able to hear the CD played out for me live, and so well done! I really am a fan, did I buy a shirt or any other memorabilia? No. Did I wish I did? No. But it is for sure an amazing show and would give an extremely high recommendation to anyone.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Way to rock the vest! The person to the side of you guys doesn't look too happy w/ the show. oh well. That's cool your name was first!