Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I GOT MY MISSION CALL!

I have been called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I have been assigned to labor in the Arizona Mesa Mission. I report Wednesday, 3 September 2008, English speaking.

I'm in the 'Zona!


This is a super rough sketch of my mission boundries.
It has part of Phoenix, all of Scottsdale, Mesa (obviously).
It also has the Navajo reservations in the Eastern part of Arizona.
But no Tempe or Gilbert.


I'm really excited to preach the gospel to the people of the great state of Arizona. Although I had thought I would serve foreign, I know that this is the right mission for me, with people waiting to hear about the gospel from me.

For those of you wondering who guessed the closest, the winner is my cousin Katie who guessed New Mexico.

I have much more to blog about NYC wise but I've been really busy this last week with our big event on June 4th at Carnegie Hall for work and 4 of my extended family arrived on Thursday night. But I'll do my best to get blogging!

6 comments:

beckee said...

Yeah-Congrats-I think the Willyerds live in your mission boundaries...

waltdouglas said...

Congratulations. I think you'll be fabulous. Anyone who doesn't have to do something good who chooses to gets kudos. Godspeed to you.

Jamie said...

Yay!!!! You are going to have a blast there. Arizona is so cool. I remember going when I was 10 and walking out of stores they would spray some kind of mist out. I liked it. Have fun with da meest.

Julie Tomoser said...

We are so proud of you and your decision to serve a mission. We are excited for this next stage in your life! You will be a fantastic missionary!
Love, Mom and Dad
BTW.....I think Dad and I tied with Katie. I chose California and Dad guessed Utah as our USA guesses! :)

siovhan said...

A TON of my closest friends are from Mesa! It's so gorgeous there, you're gonna love it.

Keep an eye out for Sister Glover...she's an AMAZING cook (and I hear she loves the missionaries).

Michelle said...

My name is Michelle Farnsworth, and I don't know if leaving a comment for you will work since I don't have an account, but if you're reading this, that expression of concern was clearly unnecessary... Similar to you, I go to BYU, find fruit snack conducive to ratiocination, enjoy broadening my "English language horizon" with new vocabulary words, and have been called to serve in the Mesa Arizona Mission (arrival at the MTC: September 3, 2008).

My weakness is a tendency to write run-on sentences.